Mobile Pallet Racking can increase storage capacity by over 100% over the conventional static racks without loss of selectivity. The Mobile Pallet Racking system comprises of individual racks mounted on mobile bases. These bases are power driven, and can be controlled using hand held remote controls. Using low maintenance electric motors, the mobile bases run on the rails accurately in-laid into the floor. These bases are capable of supporting rack lengths in excess of 45m and weights up to 500 tons.
Facts about Mobile Pallet Racking System
• Very popular in high cost environments: i.e. Cold Stores
• Good order picking, 100% selectivity
• Good Floor area utilization - 70%+ net pallet area usage
• Pallet redundancy similar to Selective racking: 5% or less
• Higher cost can easily be justified by the increased capacity of pallets in a high cost environment & fast return of investment
• Increased operation efficiency with input output conveyors.
• Maintenance platforms to service condensers can be erected over racks
• Operated by remote hand held or forklift mounted controller
• Average aisle opening time 40 seconds, racks open in cascade movement allowing up to 7-8 double entry racks to be serviced by one material handling machine
• Automated aisle light is a viable power saving option
• Full safety features in accordance with FEM and EN standards
• Automatic night parking feature for air circulation
• Mechanical handling equipment counter balance/reach truck/ very varrow aisle truck